KodiTips Forums

TV option not showing on KODI HOME

wakiani

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
TV option not showing on KODI HOME
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:38:27 pm »
I installed KODI successfully.But there are only 4 option shown in the left bar that are radio,addons,pictures,videos.TV options and other are not shown.What is this.Plz solve my problem.what i need to do.......

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: TV option not showing on KODI HOME
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:58 pm »
go to the gear icon and then when it opens up go into the "interface Settings" and from there on the right hand side you should see "configure skin" and use it to open the skin settings area... once in there on the left hand menu look for "main menu items" go there and then on the right side you can see what items are displayed on the main home screen...

check and see if the tv item is turned on...

Kruncy

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:43 pm »
Apart from Buzz's suggestion, neither TV nor Movies will appear until you have set up your library as those two labels are attached to your library.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
Sorry i was thinking you were talking about the LiveTv button on the Home screen...

I was assuming the Estuary skin is what your using, but in light of what Kruncy said made me think about particular skins and how they are not all the same...

Estuary by default unless the guisettings file has been altered normally will show both Movies and Tv menu on home screen its just there will be no artwork or media shown on the right hand side of the home menu in the main area until somethings scanned into the database... Confluence on the other hand i have seen like what Kruncy says on a new install...

If your using a build of sometype then i cant really say as i never use builds...