KodiTips Forums

TabooSubject??

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
TabooSubject??
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:31:57 am »
Have I embarked on a Taboo subject about the Ouya and not being able to download a source??
I have tried to research the net and follow youtube videos but everything seems to lead me to a deadend.
Please if I have by any means crossed a line here could someone please let me know. I absolutely do not want to put anyone or myself in a predicament.
Many thanks in advance,
Stumpy

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: TabooSubject??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:05:01 am »
I am not familiar with the Ouya box. Try a known good source to see if you have a connection. Go to install from repository and try to install an addon from the official kodi repo.
You could also try http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
What are the source addresses your are trying?

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:52:40 am »
I don't think you've touched on a taboo subject... i think its just not many really use that much anymore so support i think has kinda gotten limited... Ever since they put the company up for sale and the talks with Alibaba took place i think sales struggled so support by a lot of the 3rd party developers dwindled...

You may want to try Freaktabs forums and see if anyones still messing around with them over there...

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:03 pm »
I am not familiar with the Ouya box. Try a known good source to see if you have a connection. Go to install from repository and try to install an addon from the official kodi repo.
You could also try http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
What are the source addresses your are trying?
FUSION AND ARES WIZARD

TonyH

• +35/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:02:04 pm »
I meant the actual address you are typing in. Ares changed the source a month or two ago, are you using the old fusion source of the new one? Did you try the noobsandnerds one? Did you try to install an addon from the official kodi repo?

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 08:33:08 am »
I meant the actual address you are typing in. Ares changed the source a month or two ago, are you using the old fusion source of the new one? Did you try the noobsandnerds one? Did you try to install an addon from the official kodi repo

Hi Tony thanks for some guidance..I did try both the Ares source and yes it was the old fusion sources to download. Neither one of them would allow a download at all.
I do not know the new fusion source address and I thought I had downloaded the newest of the Ares source address but still it would not download.
 The unknown source tab is so it should download from an unknown source.
Im not sure whats going on maybe its time to get a new box.
I have heard Red Rhino is good but that's the only one I have heard about.
It seems to me that everything is going through the IPTV now and it looks like I have to pay for it.
I really don't know anymore. I sure did enjoy streaming anything I wanted prior to my back surgery. But now during my recovery phase it seems I am Euchred!!!!!
Thanks again for your guidance. If by chance you hear anymore please let me know.
I am certainly not well versed in searching and really understanding this stuff.
I am an old boy of 56 and haven't been able to keep up with the speed of everything!!!!! LOL.
Many thanks again,
Stumpy

TonyH

• +35/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 10:12:21 am »
Put this in as a source in file manager
http://noobsandnerds.com/portal
Name it nan
Install from zip file from the nan source
Install from repository from the noobs and nerds repo
Go to the video addons folder and install bob unleashed

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 09:53:13 pm »
sorry T don't mean to step on your toes, but he really should post what Android version he is still on... i suspect its still Jelly Bean, but even if he was lucky enough to have the AOSP version 5 installed it would still be probably on Koyings SPMC and i am not sure the current file servers for the addons he wants would allow it to load the zip files as the OS version he's got may be to old...

I just keep seeing this subject come up and until he confirms what version of what hes running you guys can really help him by knowing what to suggest...

TonyH

• +35/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 12:12:45 am »
Don't worry about shutting me up buzz! It's obvious your far more learned in the entire kodi field than I am. I was just trying to see if he could at least get a known good source to work. I read these posts from people and my first thought is "what would I do first in this situation" and that's not necessarily the best thing to do. I first found this forum because I didn't know what I was doing and I was looking for some help. The point being, my advice will probably never be the best, I'm just trying to give back as you all here have helped me immensely!

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 01:07:38 am »
no probs... but truly i would never try to tell anyone to shut up and for me things are always about people learning and there will always be others no matter how good you are that know things that you don't...

My way is about respect, which i find after being online now for what seems eons that it seems to be getting to be a lost art on a lot of forums and other net venues...

The Internet to me right from the git go has always been about having the ability to find places to surround your self with other people that have different or maybe better skills then yourself but thats truly the best way to learn and its something not taught in conventional schools...

We all learn from others and i'm the same as you and just want to help out and pay back as well, which is kinda why i babble so much... lol... its not so much what i say as i really only hope to make people stop and think about things and then move forward on their own as thats really the learning part that gives one a much better skill set... besides no matter how smart someone thinks they are, that if they truly stopped and thought they knew so much they would realize just how diverse the whole topic of what were playing around with, even the factories and the fab labs and all those companies probably have a battery of engineers and software and other professionals working on a project, so when i see some of the know it all types babbling on it really makes me chuckle as there's no way any of us could do all of it ourselves... lol ...

Personally i'm thankful you decided you wanted to step up to the plate and offer up your time... over the years i've moded on sites where some mods never bother saying much of anything as it was more of a status thing and they were usually friends of other mods or owners...