KodiTips Forums

Exodus Search not working

BRYWY

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Exodus Search not working
« on: June 21, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »
I a having problems with search not working in exodus (just started happening)  using krypton 17.3 on windows 10 laptop.

Came across this fix: If you want to temporally fix the search in Exodus do this: Create an account on https://www.themoviedb.org/ and apply for a new API key (developer).

I was able to generate a new api key but I cannot find these 2 files to edit them...????

Edit these 2 files:

%Appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.exodus\resources\lib\indexers\movies.py
%Appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.exodus\resources\lib\indexers\tvshows.py

Change:

self.tmdb_key = base64.urlsafe_b64decode(‘OWI5MzlhZWUwYWFhZmMxMmE2NWJmNDQ4ZTRhZjk1NDM==’)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:40:24 pm by BRYWY »

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Exodus Search not working
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:55:53 am »
I a having problems with search not working in exodus (just started happening)  using krypton 17.3 on windows 10 laptop.

Came across this fix: If you want to temporally fix the search in Exodus do this: Create an account on https://www.themoviedb.org/ and apply for a new API key (developer).

I was able to generate a new api key but I cannot find these 2 files to edit them...????

Edit these 2 files:

%Appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.exodus\resources\lib\indexers\movies.py
%Appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.exodus\resources\lib\indexers\tvshows.py

Change:

self.tmdb_key = base64.urlsafe_b64decode(‘OWI5MzlhZWUwYWFhZmMxMmE2NWJmNDQ4ZTRhZjk1NDM==’)

Updating the Exodus repo to 3.0 fixed this problem for me.

abbaskip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:18:48 am »
Anyone still having issues with Exodus, please go to the add-ons forum and read how to install Smash Repo.

Then update Exodus and happy days

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:09:20 am »

Edit these 2 files:

Change:

These are hidden files so you'll have to make the files visible to edit them. I'm at work and can't give you the direct path, but you'll find it in ES Explorer.

Mobboro

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:35 pm »
The new update fixed everything