KodiTips Forums

Extremely Disappointed

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Extremely Disappointed
« on: September 29, 2017, 11:41:27 am »
After spending a considerable amount of time posting and trying to help on a forum like this to only to find the forum's owners lack of concern over letting others hi-jack the site a real disappointment... maybe whoever they are should consider not having it all if they can't make the time to look after it... and if they blame it on no one offering to step up then once again i would say why did they bother...

They seem to have the time to keep current posts on the main web site and other areas but seem to have left this place to be self-moderated and its now obviously become the target of some no-mind thats just painting all over the forums destroying the integrity that was built here by the ones taking the time to post and help...

Anyways theres tons of other places to post and its maybe time to move... it was fun while it lasted...

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:58:35 am »
I have offered to help moderate the site but there has been no response. It is entirely frustrating and it's really to bad, I think it was a very helpful forum for a lot of people

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:16:32 pm »

I'm ready to move on what does anyone suggest?
Is there one on Yahoo Groups?
Would have to be able to talk about 3rd party addons of course.

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:22:28 pm »
I also had volunteered to Moderate the forum, not from the tech side but for Infractions etc like this, but i didn't even get an answer!

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:14:57 pm »
They did change their policy on the website as far as giving links to 3rd party stuff. Maybe they are just letting the forum die by itself

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 01:25:29 pm »
They did change their policy on the website as far as giving links to 3rd party stuff. Maybe they are just letting the forum die by itself
i just took a look through a few of the most recent addon guides and it looks like they are no longer giving instructions and have a paragraph saying they will not post any.
Guess kodtips is going the way of the dinosaur

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »
What are some other good forums you guys know of?

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »
What are some other good forums you guys know of?
i havent found a forum that covers all bases like here.
Ares and NaN have their own forums but obviously they mainly cover the addons hosted there.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 02:08:00 pm »
Ya its a shame as theres not really any one particular place i can think of thats not tied to some addon or whatnot... that was kinda i came here...

Nan's not bad just didn't look like there was much going on at times... here seemed more active...

Places like Ares isn't my thing as pretty much everything there is against what i think newbies and learners should be doing, which is why i stopped frequenting TVaddons after the name change years ago...

Its to bad they've not given some of you guys at least mod status by now as i figured they would have a long time ago based on how much i have seen some of you attempt to help others... the website and twitter sites at least to have current posts leaving me to think they just threw a forums site up to back their boost of the number1 fan site for un-official kodi support...

Can't see any legal reason for any issues on this site as its strictly talk with links pointing where to go in some cases and theres nothing illegal in that in any way, besides if there was this place would be no different then the website and twitter which they seem to have no problem putting new posts up on...

Anyways its not like i need to find anyplace, it basically attracted me because of the more general kodi support as compared to a addon controlled forum so i will keep checking back and see if anything changes, in the mean time if someone finds someplace else to go let me know where to find you all...

In the meantime to the owners... please take the time to give some of the interested ones here the opportunity to become mods and keep what seemed like a decent site up and properly managed... at the very least you'll still gain ownership of a nice site while off loading the maintainance time to a group of interested parties here...

Dave_

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 06:40:37 am »
Bandit and you others who offer your time and experience on here is very much appreciated. I am no techie just learning as i go and love testing out all the new addons, your guidance is always appreciated as the other peeps who take their time out to add comments.....hopefully site is back on track now.

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 02:33:01 pm »
Can't understand why they only made one Mod.
He can't be around all the time can he?!!

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 04:28:52 pm »
I'm here at some point every day. Admin does want a second mod....

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 04:53:02 pm »
thats why i like ya tony, you dont sleep either haha :D

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »
thats why i like ya tony, you dont sleep either haha :D

Lol, not enough time to sleep :-\