KodiTips Forums

IPVanish

Rowley

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
IPVanish
« on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:18 pm »
How many people are using IPVanish? Does it work? I am currently unable to get mine to connect on multiple devices. I am a new subscriber. Their email support is a little slow. I've been waiting for a reply for over 24  hours now. Any tips would be appreciated.

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: IPVanish
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 08:55:38 pm »
It installs easily from Google play on my Android device, and the download for Windows. Both work well, with Android being rock solid. Windows is not as good as it does not reestablish the connection when my laptop wakes up from sleep.

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:51:15 pm »
I'm using IPvanish on my windows 10 comp, amazon fire tv, and 4 amazon fire sticks.
It works great on all of them! I like the fact that you can set it to automatically connect when you power on the fire stick or reset it. My only issue has been that I cant connect to my local network with the vpn enabled. I contacted Ipvanish support, but they were no help with that aspect.

Rowley

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:12 pm »
Thank you. Currently playing email tag with their support.

greg4168

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »
Anyone know of a good free alternative to IPVanish?  I need VPN once or twice a year so don't see paying a monthly fee for it.  Thanks.

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »
I've been using Private Internet Access (PIA) for the past two years.  My platforms are Linux and Android.  (I don't Windows because it is crap.)  I believe PIA has more servers than IPVanish.  Best to use a VPN for banking and any other info you wouldn't want your neighbors knowing.  Governments can secretly open any VPN in their country.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:30:44 pm by pops »