Admin

• +29/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
Amazon Announces New Fire TV
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »

- Smaller form factor
- Better voice support
- No Ethernet port (but an addon adapter that gives you one)
- Faster processor
- $20 cheaper
- 4K and HDR video support

More info: http://koditips.com/amazon-new-fire-tv-4k-hdr/

Thoughts?

flhthemi

• +10/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Announces New Fire TV
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »
Eh, it's still android :)

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:13:24 pm »
not bad, there are faster android boxes for 70$ but i can see this being good for new users.

Admin

• +29/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »
And Amazon gives a "legitimacy" that other Android boxes just don't have.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »
Amazon boxes are good for one thing... being used on Amazon's network... other then that they are probably some of the worst for what your paying if your looking for normal streaming...

A usb network interface is going to be slower then any type of embedded control when it comes to overhead and anyone that truly understands hardware and firmware will tell you the same thing... they are cutting corners but because they have their own CDN probably figure wireless will be the way and maybe with their own network they will be able to get reasonable results with it but once again its going to limit the use on streaming outside of their own network...

As far as the legitimacy thing goes I definately do not believe that to be true as theres literally thousands of perfectly happy  ABox users out there... i think your just making a judgement call based on how many people come here looking for help... what about the other millions of users that aren't looking for help as they are fine so you don't find them on sites like this as they are more bound to frequent sites belonging to the addon creators...

Amazon's just branding their own box and trying to be another Netflix, the thing with Netflix tho is they just create a client app for whatever people are using out there while Amazon's trying to lure people into thinking they are different because they are pushing hardware branded to them thats definately inferior to other products coming out of the very same chinese maker that producing their fire stuff for them...

If i'm wrong take alook around this place and see how many here are looking for help trying to get their Fire Crap to work on none Amazon streams... lol...

Admin

• +29/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 08:21:51 am »
As far as the legitimacy thing goes I definately do not believe that to be true as theres literally thousands of perfectly happy  ABox users out there...

This is the only part of your post I dispute. Amazon's sales are 10:1 verses Chinese Android boxes. Google Searches for help are 5:1. When Amazon does something, people pay attention because they truly are owning this market

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 07:31:06 pm »
True... and i would not argue that point as i basically agree...

but lets just play for a second and say i was a primary coder of Kodi and what my thoughts on this would be...

To do this right tho lets set the stage properly because Amazon is one of the huge players in the whole anti-streaming debate going on both here in North America and in particular the UK and Europe where they them selves have imposed bans on selling pre-loaded boxes on any of their services and rat out dealers to the enforcement agencies over there...

1st i would say people should boycott Amazon just on the principles of being hugely hypocritical in what they say out of one side of their mouth while pushing their own crap outta the other side....

2nd and most important how do you think the owners of Kodi feel about a shit move like this... on one hand you got the whole world of box manufactures using Kodi as the key app to push all of the box sales but then along comes Amazon who decides to cash in by doing the same thing only in their case they go the extra yard and create some half-assed Content Distribution Network to try and give the end user something thats got more stable service all in a effort to try and cash in on NetFlix's business...

Out of this mess theres 2 things that upset people like me and i'm sure the Kodi developers as well and thats 1st Amazon did not even spend the money to have a customized box made giving its users at least a better value for their money( i can even tell you the factory thats making their oem boxes for them) and second and more important none of the real owners and creators of Kodi are seeing a single cent from any of their millions in sales but in the cold reality for the Team is having to bear all the cost's incurred while having to defend the project from the Anti-Streaming Nazi's trying to stop it...

If it were up to some of us we'd be telling people that by their crap to call Amazon and ask for a fix the next time the none Amazon addon refuses to work for them... i realize people are cheap but in the end if they cant get support people usually give up and buy what they see other people say is working for them...

hm... to bad i don't live in the real world i quess...