KodiTips Forums

Covenant Download - No stream available

Proudarse

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant Download - No stream available
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:26:14 am »
Hi All,

Installed convenant and it's working a treat with real debrid. The only issue I seem to have is that when I try to download some of the streams I get the message 'Covenant - No stream available' yet I'm able to stream them fine.

Or am I? My thinking is that when I click on stream 1 for example, the little window that pops up scanning through the various streams actually doesn't play stream 1 but the next available stream.

If I'm correct, this tells me that I'm not playing stream 1 which is what I selected but the next available stream instead.

If correct, this explains why I'm unable to download stream 1 to my external NAS drive because that stream is in fact unavailable.

Or maybe I'm just getting this all wrong.

I wonder if there's a way to force Kodi to play the stream I select and that way it would fail to play the selected stream proving my theory correct.

Or if there was a way to see which stream is actually playing during video playback would also help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Download - No stream available
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:59:01 am »
This is not unusual, I often experience the same behavior.  The source you are trying to d/l from probably has a high latency.  If you try to d/l from it multiple times you may eventually succeed.  You may get the "No Streams" message or you might get a dialog asking if you wish to d/l but it reports 0 bytes for the size of the file.  I sometimes try 5 or 6 times before I give up and try a different source.  I'm not sure of this, but I believe some sources do not allow downloads.

You can choose "PLAY ONLY THIS" from the context menu to play the selected source only and not advance to the next in queue.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:00:47 am by broknsymetry »

Proudarse

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:30:42 am »
Thanks for your reply broknsymetry, I think you are right that's just how it works.

I can't find the option 'PLAY ONLY THIS' in the context menu or anything similar. Do I need to enable anything in the settings?

Thank you again.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 05:49:29 pm »
Its kinda a timing thing... usually it will start trying to get at the link you have highlighted and then time out and move to the next until it finds a link that initially connects which in turn will trigger kodi to create the play routines... so if your wait time is short you'll move from one link to the next as it moves down the list from where you started...

Sometimes a link may initially connect fairly quick but then sit and wait on its server daemon to actually start streaming media, so depending on whats going on in Kodi as the urlresolver does its thing, there may be times when a links connected but the Url-Resolver has moved to the next attempt in the list that the stream actually shows up...

You do start the search tho from whatever link your on in the list when you hit enter...

pops

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »
I have my best luck at getting good feeds
when most of the English speaking world is sleeping.
Then the severs are not so busy.