KodiTips Forums

No TV options

Paww

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
No TV options
« on: October 03, 2017, 02:47:46 pm »
Hi all. I have been using Exodus since it forked from Genesis on a windows PC. Earlier this week I updated to the latest Kodi (17.3 I think). Movies have been working fine, but when I try anything under the TV listings, all I see is the "folder up" ellipses. Research let me to Covenent, but after installing, it does the same thing (or same nothing if you prefer.)

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

Paww

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: No TV options
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
Read this post, use the API key in Covenant, search the forum for others having problems with Covenant.
http://forums.koditips.com/index.php?topic=740.0

Paww

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:18:06 am »
Thanks. Unfortunately, that post addresses the opposite problem (no movies). I did try it anyway (both activating the two settings, and getting an API, but no luck

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:05:11 am »
Did you get Covenant from the colossus repo? Did it update yesterday to the latest version 1.1.18? Try going into the settings and clear the cache

Paww

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 02:14:22 pm »
Thanks for the continued suggestions Tony. Yes to the repo and the update. Cache cleared, no change

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »
Clear cache as in Covenant/tools/clear cache
Not clear kodi cache

While in the tv shows folder click the two dots, you could be in the wrong menu

Paww

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 02:29:13 pm »
LOL. Yes, covenent/tools cache cleared (and Exodus). Itís strange that itís not just a single add on. Might try uninstalling some and reinstalling. I really donít want to do a fresh install of Kodi, but might be headed that way

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 02:57:23 pm »
Might try uninstalling some and reinstalling.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:44 pm »
you can try pitching the Addons27.db... sometimes after removing a addon pieces of the settings from the removed addon may still be in the Addons27.db ... pitching it will cause Kodi to recreate it and scan it whats currently installed on the next reboot... and just to make sure the recreated one is proper you may want to make sure whatever addon or addons you have removed truly are gone from the addons folder, that way when kodi reboots it will scan back into the Addons27.db exactly what you've got installed...

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 02:57:09 am »
@buzz - what does pitching mean please?

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 12:57:54 pm »
sorry bout that... throw it away... or if your the more cautious type just rename it by changing the extension of the file and then when you restart kodi it will see its missing and go about scanning the addons directory and recreate the new .db file based on whats installed in it...

normally most official addons actually remove themselves and any remants from the system because they get scrutinized by the Team Members where as most of these Unofficial or taboo addons are done by coders with various skill sets and theres no over-site in what they are doing with their code, so its not uncommon that after a install the addons db file is still holding some of the old settings and then on a new install some addons will only write/create files that it knows are no longer present, but if theres a existing file still in the system the new install won't overwrite it... thats more of a general statement tho as some addons are better coded then others but when you run into problems its just another place to look see if Kodi is holding something thats messing with the new install...

TonyRoo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
Did you ever get this fixed and if so what did you do to fix it?
I have identical issue. TV shows show ellipses. Movies were working fine.

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 02:56:07 pm »
Did you ever get this fixed and if so what did you do to fix it?
I have identical issue. TV shows show ellipses. Movies were working fine.

You tried all of the steps above?

Read this also
http://koditips.com/covenant-kodi-install-new-exodus-addon/amp/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:38:45 pm by TonyH »

TonyRoo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »
Hey Tony

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the long delay in responding the issue is at the in laws and I only just visited them again.

I have tried the items noted above and the link sent but still have the same issue.

I also tried a newer suggestion I have seen about changing the default action in playback to directory.

Any other suggestions?

t