KodiTips Forums

Movie trailers as i browse covenant.

Breau

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Movie trailers as i browse covenant.
« on: October 06, 2017, 03:29:30 am »
Basically 2 years ago I used a skin that similar to firetv layout.   At the time as i browsed movies on genesis, exodus, and whatever else, there was a button at the bottom of screen that said "Play Trailer" for whatever movie, or tv show that was currently selected.  It was an awesome feature.   Recently I was forced to update and had to delete and reinstall everything, and I can't seem to find out how to get that button back :(.

Ive found other skins but nothing has the trailer feature to select as I browse.  Anyone know what I have to install to get this back?  I MISS MY TRAILER BUTTON!!!!

Thanks

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: Movie trailers as i browse covenant.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:28:42 pm »
Its not something i have ever bothered with but conceptually its probably a matter of getting a addon along the lines of Trailer Addict and installing it and then going into the skin settings and adding it to what shows up on the home screen...

I only mention Trailer Addict as i know Eldorado had that but theres probably others and maybe someone else can recommend something better or more appropriate...

Breau

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:03:01 pm »
Nah, it wasn't anything to do with home screen.   Basically as you browse through exodus, covenant, or genesis you could either select the show you want to watch or there was a tab (button) at the bottom left of the screen that said "Trailer" and whatever show you currently have highlighted would now play the trailer if you clicked the button.

It was just a really nice option because a lot of the time the movie description makes it seem good but it's actually trash.  :D

I think it was part of the streetwise ftv build.   But it's a terrible build now and I just want to add the trailer option.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:24:22 pm by Breau »

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:39:54 pm »
hm... i am not sure if this would help in your case or not...

The only i remember seeing anything about trailers would be found in the addons area where you can pick the Information Provider and the settings that go with the provider you choose...

Usually when you decide to scan media into Kodi's database at some point in time in the process of adding it you had to set the type of media and pick which information provider you wanted to use, and in that area for movies there was a checkbox for including trailers... Normally this is applicable to the main kodi databases for the various media types so i'm not sure if its in anyway applicable to the addons as they usually keep their own databases...

Now i do know as well that when using something like Covenant that if you right click or use 'c" on the keyboard to bring up the context box for the movie you've selected that in the popup list will be a selection named Information that when clicked on brings up the Information box for that movie and on that is a Trailer selection...  How you can get that selection to show as a button on the addons main selection screen may have been part of some particular skin or some addon script thats not in place...

Those are the only 2 areas i can recall any thing to really do with Trailers... i know i use the Kodi's main databases with those settings turned on for all of my local media content which is a bout 16 terabytes worth...

Maybe someone else that has what your looking for working will chime in...

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:42:25 pm »
i cant remember exactly which addon but i believe either BoB, skynet, or supremacy has a feature. You just long press on the movie and it should come up in the options popup. I even remember one of them gives you the option between the movie link or trailer link when u select the movie

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:08 pm »
ya... usually the long press is the same as c on the keyboard for bringup the context box... if theres a enhanced context addon added to the system then you'll get a enhanced menu... one will be short press while the other is the long press... you can adjust them in the keyboard.xml file...

actually i was just looking thru the current covenant code and see there is a "trailers" call in the code framework just don't see where its being exposed in the running plug-in... the fact that the calls there should mean it shouldn't be to hard to expose it and call it from the plug-in someplace...

im busy compiling firmware right now and was just killing time looking but when i get caught up i'll take a closer look and see whats up with that...

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 12:45:08 pm »
As a follow up i noticed it looks like whoever is looking after Covenant and some of the newer replacement types of addons have gutted the original plugins... Specto still has the code which will allow you to bring up playing the trailer via the context menu when your on the movie selection...

For some reason Covenant still has the command tags in part of the python code but the rest of the libs tree that looks after actually handling the calls have been removed... not sure why they would do that but it looks like the libs directory under the resources folder has been gutted...

Sorry... corrected my post... I forgot to take into account that the plug-ins kinda been split into pieces and now see that the Trailer library code that i thought was missing is actually in the script.module.covenant part... so i will continue to try and figure out how this is working and were it can be run from...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:58:27 pm by Buzz Marshall »