KodiTips Forums

SALTS

Ian46

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
SALTS
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:14 pm »
Hi everyone,

With all the recent troubles on Kodi and addons stopping working etc. I decided to take the plunge. Ditched Kodi from 16.1 and installed a fresh 17.3

Installed a few repos and then decided to have a very limited video addons setup, consisting of Exodus, Elysium, Iplayer and ITV players and lastly SALTS.

Everything else works fine but SALTS keeps coming up with errno 7 when trying to access movies, tv shows or authorise trakt.

BTW Exodus has no worries on the trakt front !

Exodus is 3.1.19 and SALTS is 2.0.196

So to recap can anyone help me with SALTS ?

Thanks

MacPhisto

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: SALTS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:39:55 am »
I went to this link and downloaded the lastest version of Salts.
Just copy the zip file to your kodi system, and install from zip.
Worked perfect for me, just had to reauthorize my Trakt account.

https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.video.salts/plugin.video.salts-2.0.196.zip

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:34:35 pm »
Awesome, I'm gonna give this a try and will let you know how it goes. I am receiving the same error as Ian46. SALTS installs properly but I receive the errno 7.

D@Cod3r

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 10:00:43 am »

https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.video.salts/plugin.video.salts-2.0.196.zip

I tried the link but still receiving the same URL error errno 7, no address associated with the host name.

Have you or anyone else seen this error before?

For some reason I've always had trouble with SALTS, from crashing kodi, freezing and now this error, which is a new one

I've uploaded a log file that shows the error, it seems like it can't find the SALTS URL Any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:24:51 am by D@Cod3r »

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:59:57 am »

I tried the link but still receiving the same URL error errno 7, no address associated with the host name.

Have you or anyone else seen this error before?

For some reason I've always had trouble with SALTS, from crashing kodi, freezing and now this error, which is a new one

I've uploaded a log file that shows the error, it seems like it can't find the SALTS URL Any help would be appreciated

Doing a little digging it looks like this could be an issue with trakt intergration. Can you get into the salts settings by pressing the menu button when the addon is highlighted and reset your trakt account?