KodiTips Forums

Personal build

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
Personal build
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:45:13 pm »
Does anyone have a link to a good how to on making your own build/wizard? Trying to keep my kids and friends systems updated is getting time consuming and repetitive. If I had a build I could just update that would be nice!

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Personal build
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:40:47 pm »
That's true and a good idea!
I was hoping to do a build that could be updated so as to save others preferences and just update repos, urls, add/remove addons.
On a side note, exodus is my number one favorite addon and it doesn't work with super favorites, I read somewhere how to edit a few lines of code and make it work with metalliq and super favorites, but then I would have to edit code every time there is an update.
Putting a build on a USB flash drive is a great idea, except the devices I'm trying to update are all amazon fire sticks. Easiest way for the kids would be to use my wizard and/or enter a URL and download a new zip

RodgerB

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 04:05:31 pm »
Hi Tony. I only use Super Favourites for Live TV streams.

RodgerB

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:46:31 pm »
Here's my current go to list. All you need for live tv , movies and tv shows :
Live Hub / Bass Fox / BST Live / FTFA / Rising Tides / Stream Hub / Adryan List / Colombia Tv / Desportesalacarta (zip) / Easy Advanced Settings / Elysium / F4MTester / Globe TV / IPTV Bonanza / LiveStreamsPro / Made in Canada / Playlist Loader / Sports Devil (zip) / Stream All Sources / Super Favourites / Supremacy / Plexus / Apk Acestreams.

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 07:28:57 pm »
What do you use for your epg?

RodgerB

• +14/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:00:25 am »
No epg for me in my set up. Not needed. I basically know what is on and when anyway.

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:23 pm »
Yup Exodus can no longer add links to Super Favorites since last summer,  but if I recall you can still add the entire category.  I don't fully understand what you are trying to achieve, do you want to use a 3rd party skins Aeon or Xonfluence so you can have customized tabs and categories ?  There also an add-on called Pseudo TV that you can link sources for those that like flipping channels like on a TV.

TonyH

• +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:52:38 am »
Well the EPG question was kind of separate from the build/ wizard stuff.
I have tried a couple of TVGuide type addons.
I could not get TVPortal from noobsandnerds to work with the xmltv files.
I'm trying out assassins tv guide, I like how its set up to link a channel from inside an addon to your guide.
I was just wondering what other people are using.
I want a guide that shows what is on the particular channel, then be able to click that channel and have it play from the addon or xmltv file, or m3u list.