KodiTips Forums

SALTs not working

Carltron

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
SALTs not working
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:25:15 pm »
Gday guys...I have been having a REALLY hard time getting Salts to install but I finally got it installed but every time I try to run it I get an error message...I have tried everything I could find including installing different repos that have it to installing different tools and nothing works...could I PLEASE get some help with this...I'm running Kodi on a windows 10 desktop...Cheers

hatrix

• +12/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: SALTs not working
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:31:45 pm »
Gday guys...I have been having a REALLY hard time getting Salts to install but I finally got it installed but every time I try to run it I get an error message...I have tried everything I could find including installing different repos that have it to installing different tools and nothing works...could I PLEASE get some help with this...I'm running Kodi on a windows 10 desktop...Cheers
what error message are you getting?

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:07 am »

Can you post the log? This might help people diagnose the problem.

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 12:32:31 pm »
For hatrix or Lara-X

I have installed SALTS and I receive an errno 7 url error > no address associated with the host name. Has anyone seen this before?

I have uploaded a log file to aid in diagnosing.

Thanks

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 12:57:49 pm »
For hatrix or Lara-X

I have installed SALTS and I receive an errno 7 url error > no address associated with the host name. Has anyone seen this before?

I have uploaded a log file to aid in diagnosing.

Thanks

Where did you download it from? Which repo?

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 02:12:52 pm »
I installed it from Ares repo then downloaded the zip file from the following link:

https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.video.salts/plugin.video.salts-2.0.196.zip

Received the same error using both methods

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 04:48:47 am »
I installed it from Ares repo then downloaded the zip file from the following link:

https://github.com/kodil/kodil/blob/master/repo/plugin.video.salts/plugin.video.salts-2.0.196.zip

Before you try each new repo do you uninstall the old one? Also have you tried installing it from the exodus 3.0 repo? Also which version of Kodi are you running?

Lara-X

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 05:01:43 am »

Doing a little digging it looks like this could be an issue with trakt. Can you get into the salts settings if you press the menu button or i think right click for windows when the addon is highlighted and reset your trakt account?

D@Cod3r

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:41 am »
Thanks for the suggestion Lara-X! Unfortunately I'm away from home for work but will be returning Wednesday. I will definitely try to reset my Trakt account when I get back and will let you know the outcome.

As for trying to install it from the Exodus 3.0 repo. this is where I first installed it from. I didn't receive the errno 7 error in question, it crashed Kodi (v17.3). I didn't pursue the issue until I started receiving the errno 7 error from 2 different installs. I did uninstall the old SALTS instance before installing the new one.

Thanks Again  ;)