KodiTips Forums

Issues With Trakt

movieking

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Issues With Trakt
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »
First off, I'm a big fan of Trakt.  It's great to be able to have a list of my shows, movies, etc carried from device to device.  My issues are as follows:

• Shows seem to appear and disappear on my watchlist.  For example, Good Place was on my watchlist, then it was gone and I had to add it again.  Ditto for Last Man On Earth, The Simpsons and quite a few more.  At first I thought that it might be because I had all of the episodes watched, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Does anyone know?
  • Is there a way to order the shows so they are consistent?  They seem to move around every time I open Covenant, which is what I always use with Trakt (on an android box).  Even if it could be a static list, alphabetical order, whatever, as long as it was consistent

Like I said, I really like it but these things are frustrating.  Please help!

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Issues With Trakt
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:14 pm »
When you watch an episode or a movie that you have watchlisted it will no longer appear on that list because you just watched it.  A TV show should reappear on your progress list (if you hide completed shows and watched the last episode it will not appear until you change the filter or until a new episode is available.)  This is normal operation.  If you wish, you can create another list and this behavior will not apply.

Covenant was ordering the Progress list by air date, but now it appears to order it by watched date.  I know of no way to change this behavior (someone else might) short of reprogramming.

movieking

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
That's the strange thing about the shows disappearing, I still have unwatched episodes.  I understand that shows get removed from your watchlist once you watch them, but given that I'm behind on a number of shows and still have episodes to watch, it doesn't make sense that they disappear. 

As for the ordering, I changed the order on the Trakt site hoping it would come through in Covenant, but no luck. 

broknsymetry

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 01:58:33 pm »
Trakt is a great service, but there are some odd behaviors and frequent errors as well.  I have had shows disappear and even shows I've never watched appear, but I'm sure they have a large db and upkeep is time consuming and expensive for a mostly free service.

I thought at one time Exodus was using the Trakt settings for the "Progress" order, but I don't think it worked and was abandoned.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile