KodiTips Forums

Kodi18 with pulse setup and covenant

Jstar

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Kodi18 with pulse setup and covenant
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:54:05 am »
I just downloaded Kodi 18 with Pulse setup onto my Firestick.  Convenant is not working so downloaded coliseum and tried it through AyesWuzard.  Still error Help!

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi18 with pulse setup and covenant
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 01:54:32 am »
Idk if the add-ons are compatible with 18...

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:59 am »
Covenant is compatible w/ 18

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:06:42 pm »
Theres a difference between compatible and actually working... As a developer thats constantly compiling and working with Kodi amongst addons and the OS i can say theres been issues with pretty much all of the typical Un-Official addons when running with Kodi 18... nothing in the way of crashes but little things and a drop in overall performance when running certain addons... the issues may be related to what else is on the box with Kodi 18 and the dependencies and various version but at times they are annoying enough to not want to dump on the public yet... Covenant seems to have enough issues for people currently still running Krypton trying to get it working at times...

One thing i recently noticed while looking into another users question about getting Trailers to play was that while looking for the Covenent source code i found that theres actually a couple of active forks of it being developed and released which started to explain why some getting the release from one site seem to have issues that people getting it from a different site weren't having...  personally i have always just used the version from the colossus git repo and it seems to be fine...  I suspect the issue stems from different developers that had access to original source code that have forked to doing their own thing which isn't a good thing unless your familiar enough with python to be able to go thru the code and look for yourself...

personally i treat the colossus repo as Adams (tvaddons) clone site so i consider it the legitimate source of Covenant but thats just my opinion but either way if your using Covenant i think you should get it from Colossus...