KodiTips Forums

pausing a movie

pausing a movie
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:39:14 am »

ok so just a general question really, why is it when i pause a movie it will back out of it completely within 2 minutes. Now i know that if i go back into it it will most likely resume but for someone with crap internet this can be the most frustrating thing in the world. just curious if there is a way to keep it paused and it stay  where i left it without having to go back into it. if anyone knows of anything please let me know.

signed
a faithful user.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: pausing a movie
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 12:31:08 pm »
I could just be a by-product of the stream source dropping the connection after awhile because of demand on their servers or it may be because your providers put some type of time-out on certain ports they are monitoring...

1st place i would start would be to try and stream something local from one of your computers if you can... normally local content being streamed from someplace in your system should sit and wait no pause for a long time.. the box may go to sleep and dim out and soon as it see's activity should wake up and once you press play pickup streaming from where you had paused...

thats the normal operation and if streaming from a local service works ok like that then i would quess your setup is ok and  the remote streaming is probably timing out as i said up top... whether or not it can be fixed is another story but probably more trouble then its worth if everything streaming wise is working and the pause is the only issue...

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:51:12 am »
On the amazon equipment if you pause long enough so that the screen saver starts up, when you wake up the device it will have backed up one level. You can go into the settings and change the screensaver settings to a longer time before starting, or just turn it off.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »
thanx... wasn't sure what system he was on but its nice to know thats how Amazon's works at that level...

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 06:51:08 pm »
thanx... wasn't sure what system he was on but its nice to know thats how Amazon's works at that level...

Yea, I wasn’t sure what the system was either, I just wanted to throw that info out there cause that used to piss me off when I would pause a show for a phone call and have to come back and load it up again. Especially if it took a bit to find a good source and I forgot which one it was.

pEtensh1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:33:27 am »
First off, if OP's name is genuine, "Marisa" is a SHE, not a he...

Second, there are some intelligent people on this thread, but a lot is being assumed with few questions being asked. What is the OP's hardware/firmware/OS? What specific add-on is being used?

C'mon, guys.

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:34:46 pm »
First off, if OP's name is genuine, "Marisa" is a SHE, not a he...

Second, there are some intelligent people on this thread, but a lot is being assumed with few questions being asked. What is the OP's hardware/firmware/OS? What specific add-on is being used?

C'mon, guys.

There is a bit of information above for the OP to read and try. Not every post needs super specific information about hardware and software. We are all here to help and if you feel we have missed something feel free to add to the discussion by asking the OP what you feel would be relevant info. Thanks