KodiTips Forums

Covenant last steps install not working

hammertime

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant last steps install not working
« on: October 15, 2017, 01:36:07 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have just attempted to install Covenant by following the steps in the link below:
https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-the-covenant-kodi-krypton/

After I go through all the steps on the 3rd from last step I hit a stumbling block, see attached.

Basically when I click on Install the sytem goes back to the main home page and doesn't seem to install Convant, arghh!!

Any ideas how to resolve, pretty please?

Re: Covenant last steps install not working
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 02:13:23 pm »
You missed the steps at the end, you installed colossus repository but did not finish by installing covenant addon within the repository.

hammertime

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 03:44:58 pm »
You missed the steps at the end, you installed colossus repository but did not finish by installing covenant addon within the repository.

Thanks for your reply. When I go back and do the following steps:
Select Install from Repository
Select -SMASH Repo
Select Add-on repository
Select Colossus Repository
Click Install

I do not get the 'Add-on enabled notification' and it goes back to the main home page i.e. where I need to reselect KODI.

I am not sure why it is not letting me install, any ideas?

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:38:55 pm »
why install someone else's repo (smash) just so you can get the repository that you actually want?

your looking for a file called repository.colossus-999.999.2.zip and the best place to get it is from the source repo without having to load someone else's repo...

I'm not sure of the link policy here, so just google "download colossus" and pick the return that has github near the beginning of the URL... it will be something like hxxps://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/repository.colossus ... anyways download the .zip file  thats in that directory to someplace on your computer that you can access from your box... or you can put it on a memory or usb stick and plug that into the box as well...

once you have the file and know where you have put it go back into kodi on the box and the Addons area where you will find a list of options... select "install from zip file" near the bottom of the selection list... In the pop up file manager that opens up use it to find the file and double click on it and it should install, you may see a message pop up on the screen telling you its installed the repo... that should get you the whole Colossus repository installed...

now to add any of the Addons contained in the repository just go back to the Addons area only this time now select "install from repository" from the selection list that opens up... in there you will find the proper version of Covenant amongst a bunch of other Addons...

anyways its always better and safer to just install the repo for the actual addon you looking for from someplace thats usually linked to the author/s ... theres no need to install someone else's junk just to get something thats from someplace else...

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:47 am »
Buzz has the address correct. Copy it and paste it into a web browser make SURE you replace the hxxps:// with https:// then hit enter to go to the site. Click on the last file in the list "repository.colossus-999.999.6.zip" to download it. Save it to a known location so you can tell Kodi where it is. Follow Buzz's instructions to install the zip file.

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »
I can't download Covenant on my pc. I have it on my tv and it works fine but, no matter which site I try, every time I try to download onto kodi on my laptop (with or without vpn turned on) I get the same error message

'Unable to connect

Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add anyway'

If I type the same thing into my browser I get to the site I am looking for....

Help?

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 03:58:19 pm »
I can't download Covenant on my pc. I have it on my tv and it works fine but, no matter which site I try, every time I try to download onto kodi on my laptop (with or without vpn turned on) I get the same error message

'Unable to connect

Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add anyway'

Help?

Do you have enable unknown sources turned on in Kodi settings?

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 04:54:13 pm »

'Unable to connect

Help?

Do you have enable unknown sources turned on in Kodi settings?

Yup. Checked that first just incase (schoolboy error )

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 04:56:44 pm »
What is the source you are typing in?

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 12:59:28 pm »
What is the source you are typing in?

As I said, various but here's one

http://mediarepos.org/kodistuff

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 05:16:28 pm »
Maybe a permissions issue. Try disabling your antivirus and firewall temporarily and see if you can get the source. If it works, you just need to make an exception for Kodi in either or both antivirus and firewall

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 05:43:21 pm »
its hard to say without knowing more about what else is or has been installed on the laptop...

using mediarepos as a example seeing as you were looking there... trying goin straight with the ip and see if this helps...

try here... hxxp://78.142.29.248 that should get you to the server... if that works then try with the directory and see what happens... hxxp://78.142.29.248/kodistuff/

based on all the hopping around between canada and the usa and bulgaria it may be getting lost thru their cloaking/vpn but the actual ip should get you their...

if those work then you probably have something messed up with your hosts file or some other resolving issue in your laptop...

if none of that works then something is blocking or restricting your network and if as you say your tv one is working then its probably in the laptop itself or your router is restricting your laptop for some reason...

on the laptop you can try either disabling the firewall totally and see if that helps solve the issue and if it does then put a exception rule into your firewall to let it through...

i know the server is up because i am looking at it currently and see its route and server is active and accepting connections and can pull from that directory...

sorry meant to say replace the xx with tt to make the address work...

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »
its hard to say without knowing more about what else is or has been installed on the laptop...

using mediarepos as a example seeing as you were looking there... trying goin straight with the ip and see if this helps...

try here... hxxp://78.142.29.248 that should get you to the server... if that works then try with the directory and see what happens... hxxp://78.142.29.248/kodistuff/

based on all the hopping around between canada and the usa and bulgaria it may be getting lost thru their cloaking/vpn but the actual ip should get you their...

if those work then you probably have something messed up with your hosts file or some other resolving issue in your laptop...

if none of that works then something is blocking or restricting your network and if as you say your tv one is working then its probably in the laptop itself or your router is restricting your laptop for some reason...

on the laptop you can try either disabling the firewall totally and see if that helps solve the issue and if it does then put a exception rule into your firewall to let it through...

i know the server is up because i am looking at it currently and see its route and server is active and accepting connections and can pull from that directory...

sorry meant to say replace the xx with tt to make the address work...

Nope same problem

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:31:51 pm »
You tried all of the options listed above? Can you install other sources in Kodi? Try : http://noobsandnerds.com/portal

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
You tried all of the options listed above? Can you install other sources in Kodi? Try : http://noobsandnerds.com/portal

Nope. 😢
Tried that. No
Turned off firewall tried again. No
Firewall still off, tried vpn. No

flhthemi

• +11/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:44:59 pm »
Man it sure sounds like you have no internet connection or Kodi at least isn't seeing it.

You can open a web browser on the laptop and access any of those links, right?

Are you using the default Kodi skin (Estuary)? I ask only because it will help others who try to help you as skins vary in the way you get to things...oh and is it a laptop with windows and wifi connection?

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 03:38:34 am »
Man it sure sounds like you have no internet connection or Kodi at least isn't seeing it.

You can open a web browser on the laptop and access any of those links, right?

Are you using the default Kodi skin (Estuary)? I ask only because it will help others who try to help you as skins vary in the way you get to things...oh and is it a laptop with windows and wifi connection?

I havenít changed anything. I just upgraded to kodi 17 (17.3?) a while back and now I see exodus isnít being supported I added Cov to my tv and am trying to add to laptop... windows 10 with Wifi. As I say I can see the sites on my laptop I just canít load them on kodi

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 09:53:28 am »
Uninstall Kodi, try fresh install with Kodi 17.4
Nothing else to try unless app on computer is blocking.

flhthemi

• +11/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:51 am »
I havenít changed anything. I just upgraded to kodi 17 (17.3?) a while back and now I see exodus isnít being supported I added Cov to my tv and am trying to add to laptop... windows 10 with Wifi. As I say I can see the sites on my laptop I just canít load them on kodi

Look at settings system info and see if under networking you have an IP listed.

coeys1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »

Look at settings system info and see if under networking you have an IP listed.

That was it. Thanks very much!