KodiTips Forums

Missing tv show from Covenant on Kodi

Laly

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Missing tv show from Covenant on Kodi
« on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:36 pm »
Hi
I'm new to the covenant app on kodi, just installed a few days ago, have watched an episode of The Flash but gone back to search it today and it has completely disappeared from the search results, its only showing the 1960s abd 1980s versions. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Re: Missing tv show from Covenant on Kodi
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:50:58 pm »
Hi
I'm new to the covenant app on kodi, just installed a few days ago, have watched an episode of The Flash but gone back to search it today and it has completely disappeared from the search results, its only showing the 1960s abd 1980s versions. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

My friend is having  the exact same issue today. Been trying to find an answer for her as it's working fine on mine.

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 02:11:09 pm »
It might be the search term you are using.  When I use "flash" I only get The Flash (1967) and The Flash (no () but it's the 1990 version) and a lot of other shows too, the 2014 version does not appear at least not on the first page of results.  When I use "The Flash" I get all three.

[edit]
Interesting, I tried again a few minutes after posting and the 2014 version has disappeared from the results, before and after clearing the cache and providers.  Best solution is to search it out on the Trakt website and add it to your watchlist or collection.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:23:21 pm by broknsymetry »

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 11:47:18 pm »
I have the same issue. Was able to watch episode 1 of flash, after I went and watched the first episode of arrow. when I went back to watch episode 2 of flash, it's gone now. I tried going through Trakt. Even after i added The Flash (2014) to my collectin and my watchlist, it still brings up The Flash (1967).

mimisam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:50 am »
I posted in another thread about similar issue, I am new to Kodi too so not sure why this is happening, with me its with the series Outlander (Claire Randall and Jamie) I was able to watch it and then it disappeared from listings and only the cartoon series Outlander or another series called Outland will show up I made a favorite list on traxt and on kodi my tv lists, same thing, it showed not my series but a very old show called Outland.  I am using amazon firestick with Alexia voice , Kodi 17.4 and covenant. I know there is a newer version of kodi 17.5 but afraid to update it. I tried someone's suggestion of clicking on the left side in a list like "popular shows" and then checking to see if it was on "all episodes" which it was,  if you click on "all episodes" it will cycle through options of "watched, unwatched and ALL"  if it is on watched and if you watched it, it will not show up.  You can try that to see if that is your issue.  With mine it wasn't, I had to clear data on the manage app section and then reload covenant  and then my series show up again.  But after a couple of days I have same issue in that it disappears.  Not sure if its kodi or covenant related however, It gets annoying that I have to clear data on kodi and reload covenant to watch the series.

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 09:09:07 am »
Let me make sure I understand the issue.

1 You are placing TV Series in the Trakt Watchlist
2 You watch one episode from the series and it is then the series is no longer in the watchlist?

IF this is the problem it is NOT a bug in the addon. It IS the way Trakt is designed and is supposed to work! I have explained this several times in this forum and have included a link (http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/154739-why-do-things-get-removed-from-my-watchlist-after) to Trakt's help page explaining this. A "Watchlist" is for videos you want to WATCH it is not meant for a TV SERIES.

What you need to do to watch an entire series and not lose it from your list is to create a NEW list, call it what you want but I named mine "Trakt - New TV Shows". Add the SERIES that you want to watch in their entirety to this list. As you watch each EPISODE trakt will mark it as watched. When you have watched the entire SEASON trakt will mark it watched. When you have watched the entire SERIES trakt will mark it watched. If you do not delete the list after the entire SERIES is watched when a new SEASON arrives it will be there!