KodiTips Forums

Best Kodi builds

clayvligon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Best Kodi builds
« on: October 24, 2017, 07:13:55 am »
Huge Fan of Kodi! I have been using it since when it used to be called xbmc. Since its an open source platform hence it evolves on a timely pace making it a great application for users like us. I follow all the updates of kodi and was searching on the best kodi builds where I came across this balanced Article which I would like to share it with you guys.
what do you make of it ?
Any suggestions ?

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Best Kodi builds
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:22 am »
Basically - Don't use builds. They usually cause issues that you won't be able to fix. They alter things about Kodi that might not NEED to be altered, they can contain malicious code that can bring down your entire device, or at the very least, an impact on performance. You don't need 20 addons, more is not better. You only need about 3-4 GOOD ones. Install them yourself and in the process you'll learn a lot about Kodi and how to make it YOUR build!

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:01:37 am »
It is a reasonable posting, and everyone has their opinion on what the Top 10 are. There are many here who advise against using builds and recommend installing just the add-ons you need/use. I enjoy the different backgrounds and themes provided by the various builds, and the exposure to add-ons that I may not have uncovered on my own.

I typically use a build for a month and then explore the next latest and greatest. I have a list of the customization required to meet my preferences along with my "must have" add-ons that will be installed if not already part of the build, and the appropriate sub-menu that they will be add to.

If the build does not suit me then it is blown away (delete the .kodi folder) and the previous one restored by renaming the previous saved .kodi folder. My 2 current builds (from Top 10 on another site) are not listed in that posting.

matt1313

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • TurtlesTV
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »
So yeah I don't like to use others builds, I create my own!!!

I create basic firestick usable builds (works on FireTV and Shields) that I am about to start sharing. Most bugs are worked out and they "light" weight. Also thinking of offering premium service with HD quality streams for live TV.

If interested hit me up.