KodiTips Forums

Unable to set download path in Covenant

jkunz123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Unable to set download path in Covenant
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:04 pm »
Unable to set download path in Covenant. Have set the path in File Manager, but does not show up in the list  in Tools/Downloads/Movies. Clicking on 'Network File System (NFS), for example, results in setting the path to 'nfs://' without allowing me to specify the path to my movie folder. I have tried everything i can thing of but it will not allow me to do this. I get the same result with zeroconf, UPnP

Running Krypton 17.4, Mac OSX 10.12.4

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to set download path in Covenant
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:33:18 pm »
It would be a big help if we knew what kind of device you are using for Kodi.
Are you using a network drive (NAS) that IS accessible via NFS as the place to put those downloads?
Not every NAS is NFS capable out of the box.

jkunz123

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:01:31 pm »
Mac Mini i7, 2012 running OSX 12.4
Movies on Synology DS412+ running latest OS, NFS enabled
Able to access My directory('Exodus Downloads') from other tasks, such as Kodi File Manager, as you can see in the attached screen shot. In File Manager i can do Add Source|select 'Browse'|select 'Network File System (or Zeroconfig)'|OK, and a window comes up where I can type in the path and save it.
No such window comes up in the Downloads tab, selecting 'Network File System (or Zeroconfig)'|OK, just results in an empty nfs:// path with no chance to type in a path.
This all worked as expected with Exodus, and IIRC sources I added in File Manager populated the list the Downloads tab brings up

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:33 am »
Well I'm not a Mac guy, so I can't offer up any help. Maybe someone else will now that we know what you have.