KodiTips Forums

Covenant download thread

Microchip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant download thread
« on: November 03, 2017, 07:15:44 pm »

(Edit: I moved this post, the other thread is getting to big, TonyH)

Hello.  I set up Covenant to download to a folder on Kodi (called "Download").  I can view "Downloads" when I'm in Covenant from the 'Tools' section. The downloaded TV episode creates its own Folder Name (the name of the show) and inside that is another folder that it also creates for itself called "Season", but in the folder "Season" there's nothing.

There's a "File Manager" in Settings in Kodi but I can't find the "Download" folder there.  I'd like to copy the TV show onto a flash drive from the Download folder since the Android box isn't copying the TV show straight to the flash drive although I can set it up like that in Covenant.

How do I copy the downloaded TV show onto the flash drive?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:48:01 pm by TonyH »

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant download thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:50:14 am »
Use the file manager Add Source. Add the folder where the downloaded file is located. Now Add Source again and add the folder where you want to copy the file to. Now use the file manager to move the file, good luck with that. It will take a little playing around to learn how to move the file.

OR

Hit the Home button on your android device which should place Kodi in the background and open your Android desktop. Now use your Android file manager (I use ES FileExplorer Pro) to move it. Exit out and return to Kodi. Then do what you have to do to add it to your Kodi Library or what ever it is you want to do with it.

Microchip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 03:50:04 pm »
fihtheml, thanks, the second option worked.

"FileBrowser" is the manager that copied and pasted the file from the Download folder to the Kingston flash drive.

I noticed that when I navigated to the Download folder (in FileBrowser) the folders named "MurderSheWrote" and "Season 3" appeared but the actual episode file wasn't there. I went back to the beginning again, then navigated back to the "Season" folder again and the episode was there, as an "flv" file.

It was easy to copy and paste onto the Flash drive using a button at the top of the menu.

When my Kodi was updated about a month ago, I lost the ability to select the "Home" button while in Kodi.  It used to be as you described - where Kodi would go into the background and the home page would display.  Now I have to ALWAYS exit Kodi to get back to the home screen.  If there's a fix for this I'd like to hear about it.

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »
Some Android versions/devices will allow you to click and drag from the very bottom of the screen to open the bar with the buttons on it when you have an app open full screen. Some will pop it up by simply moving the mouse pointer down there. Some remotes have a home button...might be labeled home or something else.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:08:46 pm by flhthemi »

Microchip

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 08:06:57 pm »
My remote has a Home button.  It doesn't respond anymore, since the box was update.  Will google the problem and see if there's a solution.