KodiTips Forums

Wrong episode---Real-Debrid somehow an issue? All TV shows, and fresh install...

Mikey1969

  • 2
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
OK, here's what's going on. I am getting the wrong episode when trying to watch TV shows Covenant. This is a new install of Kodi, and I wiped my install completely when I had this problem last night(Also a new install).

This is different then when I've had this issue before, I was able to try a different episode, or even back out and re-select the show and episode, and it would work, or come back later on. None of these work, and it has always been the same wrong episode before, whatever the show was supposed to be, it was the same one each time.

This time, we're trying to watch a show-Monk, and no matter what episode I select, or what season I select, I get the wrong show. But it is like 4 or 5 different shows. One is a firs=fighting show, one is VEEP, one is HOmeland(I think), one is something on Showtime. The only consistency is that it's those same 4 or 5 shows.

I changed to another series, tried not selecting it through my Trakt list, nothing worked. Finally, I selected a link that WASN'T Real-Debrid(I am a Real-Debrid subscriber), and it worked just fine. Tried a few other shows, and it's now working just fine.

Any idea how this could be a Real-Debrid issue, and is this just a short term issue(Like maybe something that has happened before)?

Like I said, this is a brand new installation. I am running Kodi Krypton on a Linux Mint computer, running the latest version of Mint. All I have installed is the repositories for Covenant(SMASH and Colossus, I think), and Covenant, and I have authorized Real-Debrid and Trakt. I have't installed or linked anything else.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I obviously don't want to use non-Debrid links if I don't have to.

broknsymetry

  • 59
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
I'm not an RD user so I can't answer your question directly, but I do use Alluc and have noticed that the Alluc streams don't always match the show.  Take Monk s04e06 for instance, there are many Alluc streams for various shows like "Drunken History", "Inside Amy Schumer", "The Profit", etc.  The file descriptor for all of these incorrect sources has "S04E06" and "X264-MONKEE" or similar in it and this generates a hit.  This is an apparent error in the query algorithm in the sources\allucen.py module.  Perhaps this is something similar with RD?

[edit]
I tweaked the module to query on the specific order "title" then "SnnEnn" and I get far fewer false hits. I went from 1080: 75 hits, 720: 123 hits and SD: 98 hits 99.9% false to 1080: 0, 720: 1, SD: 35 almost all correct when searching on Monk S01E01.  I still get hits like "12 Monkeys S01E01".  This is a limitation of the Alluc API and not Covenant.  You can test this theory for RD by searching Monk S01E01 and see if you get any returns for 12 Monkeys.  If you do odds are the problems are related.  Queries for shows with long titles (more search terms to match) or higher season/episode numbers (fewer shows to match) will not experience this problem as much.  Maybe someone can convince alluc.ee to include a regex search. :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 01:18:12 am by broknsymetry »

Mikey1969

  • 2
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thanks... Tried "Monk S01E01" and got no results. I may be doing the search thing wrong, as I've noticed that it isn't very forgiving. Let's say I was searching for "12 Monkeys". If I typed an extra 'e' in "monkey", I would get zero results. Anyway, I got nothing searching that way, but it could be how I did it.