KodiTips Forums

Repeating episodes on covenant-firestick

Caresse20

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Repeating episodes on covenant-firestick
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:49:20 pm »
Last night  all of a sudden all the episodes are repeating. I got to season 3 of Chicago p.d. episode 8 and when I went to 9 it replayed 8. I clicked on several different episodes and it keeps playing episode 8. I went to American horror show and it's replaying episode 5. Please...help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Repeating episodes on Covenant Amazon Fire TV
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:07:34 am »
Since 07/11/2017 all of a sudden NARCOS Season 2 episode 5 is repeating. I clicked on several different episodes and it keeps playing episode 5. Please...help would be greatly appreciated

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Repeating episodes on covenant-firestick
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 03:47:00 pm »
First step in resolving many issues is to clear cache and providers.

Kodiaddict

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:02:23 pm »
or try a different add on and move on. Kodi does not solely rely on covenant only...  8)

doublek

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:53:29 am »
When this happen with exodus. You would uncheck YMOVIES,TORBRA,and MOVIESHED in providers. I wonder if things are the same for COVENANT

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:43:06 pm »
You have to understand that Covenant, Exodus, Bennu, or any addon that searches for sources merely act as a search engine and relies upon a "unwritten" naming convention for the files.  Sometimes those that provide the videos name their files incorrectly and these search engines pick them up along with those that are named correctly.  The same would happen whether you used Google, Bing, or any general search engine.  Often (but not the only time) mistakes are made when there is a "double" episode produced, especially premiers and finales.  Some providers will upload the file as a single episode and some will split it into two.  This can cause "repeating" of episodes down the line.  Covenant, as others, relies upon the info in TheTVDB for episode number, title, description etc.  If there is incorrect information globally about a show this needs to be addressed through their forum.  If you find incorrect information from a particular source then you should contact that provider to have it corrected.  Most often I try different sources until I find the correct one (the one I think is correct) or just give up and go to the next episode.

Something that also happens (though I have not experienced this in some time) is when there is not an episode available for viewing.  Covenant/Exodus will occasionally pull up sources from the cache from the last watched show.  Clearing the cache and providers solves this issue and the next time you search for sources for that episode the result will come up "No stream available".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:00:42 pm by broknsymetry »

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:14:45 pm »
Good post, The Movie Data Base itself has a cache for api pulls depending upon which api the addon is using, and I believe it lasts for one hour. Just something to remember when troubleshooting.