KodiTips Forums

Covenant - Slow loading directory

JessHardie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant - Slow loading directory
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:53:53 am »
Hello!

Here's hoping someone can help me out. I'm having trouble with Covenant after a reinstall of Kodi/Covenant. Loading the movie categories works as normal, incredibly fast, but once I get to anything specific IE, In theaters or horror, it takes about 3 minutes to load up the movie/show list. When it does load and I select a movie, it hangs at "Preparing sources" for another 4 minutes or so. Any ideas? I've cleared the cache, checked my connection (very strong/ 70Mbps), checked firewall settings, and made sure everything is up-to-date. I am about ready to chuck this firestick out the window  ::)

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant - Slow loading directory
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 10:29:48 am »
Covenant tools, clear providers, clear cache

JessHardie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 11:13:27 am »
Covenant tools, clear providers, clear cache

Thanks for the help! I tried that again today but the issue still persists. No improvement yet.

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 12:46:22 pm »
What version of kodi? What source did you use for Covenant?

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 03:03:25 pm »
I'm having the same issue.  I've not seen the "Preparing sources" message before, it just started doing that.  I don't think it is a Covenant issue - I reverted back to a previous version and still had the problem.  This may have started a(for me) after the UrlResolver update early this morning - I'm investigating now.  Presently, this is absolutely unacceptable, it takes about 5-10 minutes just to get the sources for one episode and I d/l a lot of shows. :(

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 04:09:18 pm »
Not URLResolver.  I uninstalled BoB Unleashed and it sped my Kodi response time back to normal.  I had noticed a lot of activity with this addon that made my system very sluggish.  It may have been something creeping up like a bloated cache, but I do not plan on reinstalling since I rarely used it anyway.  It was also very annoying to have it update its metadata even when a different addon was running.  The "Processing Sources" dialog has disappeared or is very quickly dismissed and the sources progress dialog comes up like it used to. :)

TonyH

• +40/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 08:45:22 pm »
Bob unleashed was having some problems along with Real-Debrid and a bunch of other addons when that European server crashed. Strange that it affected other addons, seems like what you said about the cache is more legit

Kodiaddict

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 04:51:07 pm »
I know Covenant was having some issues last week, thats why i stopped using it in the meantime. Hope they can update a fix soon.  But people, there are few other great video add-onds out there. If one is not working to the next one on your list. Cheers!