KodiTips Forums

problem with loading tv shows in covenant

pelegdru

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
problem with loading tv shows in covenant
« on: November 09, 2017, 04:24:02 pm »
so lately i'm having trouble loading tv shows in covenant. i've searched a little here but didn't find a solution that worked.
so what's happening is sometimes i can't even open any tv show, i click on it, it loads for a while and then stops and nothing happens. sometimes i can open the show, but when i choose a season the same thing happens, loading and then nothing. sometimes the issue gets fixed after a few minutes but sometimes i give up before it works... any ideas?  (default action is set to directory from start, i tried to clear cache, firewall is not blocking kodi...)
thanks.
(i'm using kodi on windows 10, kodi 17.4, covenant is updated)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:25:36 pm by pelegdru »

pelegdru

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: problem with loading tv shows in covenant
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:17:36 am »
no one has any solution for me? :(

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »
Many possible causes. Try this to determine if the source of the problem:

1. Rename Kodi in Users\userid\AppData\Roaming\Kodi to Kodi-old
2. Open Kodi (it will be like a fresh start)
3. Install a Repo that contains Covenant, and install Covenant
4. Try to open any of the TV shows that you had a problem with

If this does not work then uninstall Kodi, reinstall it and repeat the above.

If this does not work, rename/restore your old install (Kodi-old to Kodi), and try using a VPN.

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:42:35 pm »
Do you have BoB Unleashed installed?  I recently had issues similar to yours and noticed a lot of activity from BU in my log files.  I uninstalled BU and things went back to normal.  I'm not trying to disparage BU, I think it is a good addon, but it was a resource hog in my particular case and it's worth a try.  If that fails (or if you do not have it installed) then K4Me's advice is good.  After reinstalling Covenant re-install other addons one at a time to see which (if any) are causing the issue.

pelegdru

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »
thank you for your answers. because no one answered me before, i tried reinstalling, it worked the first time i ran kodi but the day after the problem came back. it's not a specific show, it's tv shows in general. i do not have anything else installed besides covenant (before i had exodus still installed).

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:35 pm »
There is something screwy with your system. Suggest you uninstall Kodi and start from scratch.