KodiTips Forums

Covenant showing wrong imdb ratings (for streaming content)

something112

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant showing wrong imdb ratings (for streaming content)
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:43:56 am »
Hi guys, I've been really trying to do this on my own and figure it out for days but I'm still having this problem and can't find google results ANYWHERE pertaining to my problem

this is for streaming movies/shows on covenant addon. (not local/stored content which you can easily update or modify with scrapers).

Example: load up covenant and load up popular movies, select a movie and go to "information" most of the movies have wrong imdb ratings and votes. I then load up bubbles and do something similar and it has the correct imdb rating and votes. I've tried to find a way to copy over the code from bubbles plugin folders to the covenant folder but i'm still lost. Any help would be really great.

This is not only on my android but also on my laptop, both have the same problems of covenant showing incorrect ratings and bubbles or other addons showing the correct imdb ratings. How can I fix this?

the worst example is Emoji movie, it shows Very wrong rating of 7.0 (4,549 votes) but in bubbles it shows correct imdb rating of 2.7.

What gives? Ive tried all the addon settings and changing themoviedatabase scraper to get imdb ratings but it doesnt matter if I choose TMDB or IMDB ratings it still shows the same in covenant. Everything i've googled or researched about ratings only talk about library/local content and not streaming information. 

Someone please help would really make my day, been stuck on this forever.

Would also love to get rotten tomatoes ratings on the stream information window but alas I can't even get the correct imdb ratings for covenant.

I really like covenant and it's my only major problem that I'm having so I'd like to continue using it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:56:40 am by something112 »

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant showing wrong imdb ratings (for streaming content)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »
Sounds like a coding issue in Covenant. I would suggest opening an issue on github but you will need to upload a log or they wonít even look at it. Seems to me Covenant has been having a lot of issues lately and a lot of updates. It may get fixed in the next update. There are plenty of other quality addons you could use temporarily or permanently. Bob unleashed, Elysium, Bennu, and a few hundred more.

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 03:27:25 pm »
Seems to me Covenant has been having a lot of issues lately and a lot of updates.

Off topic but, ever since "The Alpha" retired from coding Bennu (something about others ripping off his work) the devs have been trying to disguise their code inside of Covenant so every time there is an update to Bennu there must be an update to script.module.covenant.  This is IMO a bad programming practice.  But you are right, Covenant itself has been having a lot of updates recently.  I wish they would create a stable release version and an opt-in alpha nightly, but such is the world of Kodi addons. :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:47:51 pm by broknsymetry »

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:40:15 pm »
Yea, I think Covenant and Bennu are both using the new Covenant blah blah module. Forgot the name, and I think thatís adding to the problems